Linden Alley Improvements Phase II
On behalf of the Friends of Linden Alley, Place Lab was awarded a $189,000 grant by the San Francisco Community Challenge Grant Living Alley Program in January 2017 to complement the celebrated original Linden Alley improvements, connecting the existing seating, vegetation and mural down Linden to nearby highly trafficked public open spaces Patricia's Green and Proxy. The grant will support "tactical" surface-level improvements to Linden St between Gough St and Octavia Blvd. The project will be implemented over the next year, with expected completion by September 2018.
The gallery below features approved improvement plans for overhead string lights, sidewalk gardens and planter benches:
FRIENDS OF LINDEN ALLEY MEETINGS
Friends of Linden Alley is a group of stakeholders committed to the long-term stewardship of the alley. Meeting summaries and materials can be found here:
- August 28, 2018: Meeting Summary
- July 17, 2018: Meeting Summary & Materials
- June 13, 2018: Meeting Summary
- February 22, 2018: Meeting Summary
Here's what this stretch of Linden Alley looks like now, before the improvements:
- "Hayes Valley 'Living Alley' Projects Score Nearly $300k in Fresh Funding." (2017). Hoodline.
- "Living Alleys Grants Awarded." (2017). The Hayes Valley Voice.